Google

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tip of the Day from March 26, 2006

Did you get an Email that is questionable or even a phone call that is questionable?
Here is a site you can search and it will give you the truth about it.
http://www.snopes.com/

I go by the rule of "Don’t Trust Any One"
If they ask for you information through Email and there is no security (User name and password) they don't get my info.
Phone: I don't know the person they don't get my info.

If you decide you want to give a company your information make sure that they make you sign in with a user name and password first. That makes sure that you have some sort of security in place before giving out information.

Example:
I had a woman at work that called me asking questions of what to do incase of identity theft.
I ask her why? What happened? She was very embarrassed to say.

She received an Email from Pay Pal. It stated that someone used her account information to purchase $8000 worth of items. The Email stated that it needed her to fill out the following information and send it back. The information was everything she had setup with pay pal and even her SSN.

I have a Pay Pal account my self. I know that they require a user name and password for this info. They also would never send an Email about this. They would call you or write a letter.
Needless to say I told her she will have to Change Bank Info, Change SSN info, Change Credit Card Info, etc...

If you think you are a victim of Identity Theft here is some helpful sites.
http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/con_steps.htm#steps
http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home