Google

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Microsoft Max

Microsoft Max is a code name for a new program that Microsoft is coming out with. It is essentially a photo album with browser type functions. I loaded the program to try it out (Even though it is in a beta version) and it took probably 20 minutes or more just to get it loaded. Once I got it loaded and opened the program it took up a bunch of my CPU usage and put a big load on my memory. Once it was open it seem to run fine at a normal CPU and Memory level. I then tried loading pictures on it and then it spiked to high level again and took forever to get the pictures. It is also not user friendly. I had to hunt around to find a way to navigate to pictures that I wanted and it didn't tell me where I could edit the name of a list of pictures.
The plus side is that they provide a forum and many features you can use to get help on it.
I usually don't give Microsoft a bad review but this is the worst program I have ever seen come out of Microsoft. The concept is good but it needs a lot of improvement.
Warning: If you dare to install it make sure that you do the updates for it and if you remove it remove all instances of it. Oh and make sure you don't open any thing else while testing it.
Here is the link if you dare
Click Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home